Course Code : BMBA2020
This course is designed for participants who have a general appreciation of quality methods.
Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) enables companies to reduce the risk of failure occurrence by anticipating and preventing defects in manufacture/processes.
Companies supplying the automotive industry, or seeking compliance and registration to ISO/TS 16949, are required to use FMEA techniques to achieve product assurance, but the techniques are equally applicable to all other market sectors.
This interactive and practical course will provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the FMEA methodology, how to apply it to product and process design, and demonstrates how the results of the FMEA are used to define the requirements for:
- An effective product validation plan
- An effective control plan for the manufacturing process.
What you will gain
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Produce an FMEA
- Fit an FMEA into the overall production and process design
- Communicate why the FMEA should be regularly updated
- Understand the business need for process FMEA
- Use FMEA methodology defining the:
- Customer’s expectations and requirements
- Potential failure modes, consequences of failure
- Methods of detection and prevention
- Evaluating the “risk” and prioritising areas for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions in process design