Course Code : CTRL0020
This course will introduce delegates to the basic principles of CNC and CNC programming. It covers CNC geometry, offsets, programming codes (G, M etc.) with the focus on hands on practical experience.
To understand :-
- The co-ordinate system for standard Milling and Turning machines.
- Typical hardware configuration of a CNC system including the use of Absolute and Incremental Encoders.
- And carry out the referencing of machine axis.
- The role and apply Zero Offsets (Fine & Coarse), Tool Offsets, and Tool Wear.
- How to apply G, M, T, @ commands.
- Program basic tool paths including linear and circular interpolation.
- How to use Subroutines.