Course Code : CTRL0110
Designed for Skilled Maintenance Personnel with a solid understanding of using a PLC. Topics covered are Simatic S7-1500 Hardware, Project Setup, Hardware Setup and PLC Principles.
We aim to help you become more proactive and confident in working with PLCs safely and efficiently in day-to-day operations and fault finding situations to reduce downtime and increase profitability.
The course has been designed to familiarise maintenance Engineers, Technicians, Electricians with the operation, configuration, programming and fault finding of a Siemens SIMATIC TIA Portal Series Programmable controller and the use of Siemens SIMATIC TIA Portal software.
• To be familiar with the setup and management of projects
• To understand how to setup and make changes to a hardware configuration
• To understand the structure of a PLC programme and its operation
• To be able to implement and edit a PLC programme including common blocks: OB, FC, FB, DB
• To understand the fundamentals of PLC logic instructions in Ladder, FBD, and STL format
• To understand more complex programming functions including Times and Counters
• To be able to use the TIA Portal Software suite to be able to determine the cause of PLC and Machine faults